Fishing on USAG Alaska managed lands is permitted provided anglers obtain and carry on their person a Recreation Access Permit (RAP) and all fishing licenses and permits required by the State of Alaska.
USAG Alaska managed lands all fall within the Tanana River drainage. All state laws apply; seasons and bag limits are the same as for the state. Consult the Alaska Department of Fish & Game (ADFG) Fishing Regulations for more information (Region 3: Arctic-Yukon-Kuskokwim and Upper Copper/Upper Susitna River Areas).
Fishing License Requirements
All military personnel must purchase a state fishing license for fishing activities on or off post. No state license is required of persons under 16 years of age. All other persons are required to have in their possession the appropriate state license and special stamp (when required).
- Special restrictions and closures almost always apply to the Chena River and its tributaries.
- The Chena Flood Control Project is the dividing line for the upper and lower Chena River.
- Fishing is allowed from the River Road Bridge but only from the walkway.
Fishing Licenses for Active Duty Military
Active duty military personnel permanently stationed in the state, who do not qualify as residents, may obtain a special nonresident fishing license at a reduced cost. Please see Alaska Department of Fish and Game Fishing Regulations.
Fishing Opportunities-Stocked Lakes
*The Alaska Lake Database has the most current information on stocking records for the public to reference.
- Stocked Lake Map - Monterey
- Stocked Lake Map - Wainwright #6
- Stocked Lake Map - Weigh Station 1
- Stocked Lake Map - Weigh Station 2
Delta Junction Area
- Stocked Lake Map - Kenna
- Stocked Lake Map - Bolio
- Stocked Lake Map - Bullwinkle
- Stocked Lake Map - Chet
- Stocked Lake Map - Doc
- Stocked Lake Map - Ghost
- Stocked Lake Map - J
- Stocked Lake Map - Koole
- Stocked Lake Map - Mark
- Stocked Lake Map - Nickel
- Stocked Lake Map - North Twin
- Stocked Lake Map - South Twin
- Stocked Lake Map - Sheefish
- Stocked Lake Map - Weasel
Training Area Maps
- Stocked Lake Map - Fort Wainwright Main Post
- Stocked Lake Map - Yukon Training Area Main Post
- Stocked Lake Map - Tanana Flats Training Area
- Stocked Lake Map - Donnelly Training Area
Ice houses are permitted on Yukon Training Area, Tanana Flats Training Area, and Donnelly Training Area lakes. Ice houses not removed from the ice at the end of a day's fishing, must be registered and permit obtained from ADFG. State of Alaska ice houses must be removed by April 30th. On Main Post, temporary ice houses are permitted but must be removed at the end of the fishing day.
Technical issues: leave a message at 907-361-9684 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org