Remember: Army training takes priority over recreation. Desired bear baiting areas may become off-limits or closed for training within the bear baiting season.
How to register a bear bait station on USAG Alaska land:
Register your Bear Bait Station with ADFG.
Once registered with ADFG, register for the USAGAK bear baiting station by clicking USAG Alaska Bear Baiting Registration Form. You will be required to provide accurate GPS coordinates, RAP card number, and an ADFG Bear Bait Registration number.
Before you hunt, all participants must have a current Recreation Access Permit (RAP) and a 2021 USAG Alaska Bear Baiting Permit. Login to My Account for permits.
Check the off-limits to bear baiting areas:
- Bear Baiting 2021 - Tanana Flats Training Area
- Bear Baiting 2021 - Donnelly Training Area
- Bear Baiting 2021 - Yukon Training Area
You are no longer required to register your bait station in person at Fort Wainwright or Donnelly Training Area, bear registration is online now. Online registration begins 1 April each year. Fish and Game typically opens bear baiting on 15 April. Check your ADFG Hunting Regulations.
Fort Wainwright Bear Baiting Regulations
Bear baiting is an early spring activity and is allowed in the Tanana Flats, Yukon, Donnelly and Gerstle River Training Areas; however the following restrictions apply:
- You must register your bait station with ADFG and USAG Alaska DPW Environmental.
- You may not register a bait station in Unit 20 unless you have successfully completed the ADFG Bear Bait Clinic.
- Bear bait stations may be registered 15 days prior to the season opening, usually the first working day of April.
- No bait station will be allowed within ¼ mile of a publicly maintained road, trail, or stocked lake.
- No person will set up a bait station within 1 mile of a school, business, permanent dwelling including seasonally-occupied cabins, developed recreational facility or campground, business, stocked lake, designated training facility, firing point, observation point (OP), bivouac, or Battery.
- An individual may set up no more than two bear bait stations on the USAG Alaska Army Training lands.
- Bait stations; including barrels, buckets, stands, trash, and contaminated soil must be completely removed at the close of the baiting season. (June 30)
For state bear baiting regulations, see the current ADF&G Bear Baiting Seasons and Requirements.
Technical issues - leave a message: 907-361-9684 or email: email@example.com