This supplement applies to trapping on interior Alaska Army lands.  All State laws apply; seasons and bag limits are the same as the state.  The regulations contained in this supplement are not quoted verbatim from Army Regulations.  They have been formatted for your convenience.

  • To trap on Eielson Air Force Base, call the Natural Resources Office at 907-377-5182.
  • For state trapping regulations, see the current Alaska Department of Fish & Game (ADFG) Trapping Regulations


You are required to have a trapping license if you are 16 years of age or older. See State of Alaska Trapping Regulations for license requirements.

FWA Trapline Conditions and Agreement

A Trapper'  Code of Ethics


All traplines on interior Alaska Army Lands must be registered with Fort Wainwright or Donnelly Training Area Natural Resources Office.  Registration for previously established traplines (active within the previous season) will be any time after the previous season ends.  You must register your trapline every year.  Registration for new traplines will begin the first working day of October.  At the time of registration, trappers will receive a seasonal harvest report.  The harvest report must be completed and returned no later than 30 days after the end of the season. Traplines will have a sign with their Army trapline registration number placed in plain view at the head and any branches of the trapline.  Additional trapping information can be found on the trapline registration form for each post.

Fort Wainwright Tanana Flats and Yukon Training Area; Donnelly East and West, and Gerstle River Training Areas are open to trapping; closed/off-limit areas can be found under the MAPS tab.

  • Do not block trails; they are open to ALL recreational users.
  • No trapper may have exclusive rights to any particular area.
  • Pull all traps, associated equipment and garbage and remove from the field at the end of the season.

Fort Wainwright Main Post is closed to trapping except below the high water mark between the banks of the Chena River.  This area is within GMU 20B, Fairbanks Management Area.

  • Trap identification restrictions apply (see ADFG Trapping Regulations).
  • Spotlighting, use of artificial light, or shooting after dark is prohibited on Fort Wainwright Main Post.