Trapping on USAG Alaska Lands. All State laws apply; seasons and bag limits are the same as the state.
TRAPPING LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
You are required to have a trapping license if you are 16 years of age or older. See State of Alaska Trapping Regulations for license requirements.
All traplines located on USAG Alaska lands must be registered through isportsman
Registration for previously established traplines (active within the previous season) will carry over to the following season provided the registrant has complied with all trapping provisions and indicates that they intend to trap the same line the following season.
How to Register:
2. Send Fort Wainwright Natural Resources an email that includes a GPS track log or map with your proposed trapline drawn on it, make sure its as accurate as possible. Send to email@example.com. Once Mr. Osborn has approved your line for registration via email you will be issued a validation through isportsman witch will enable you to aquire your trapping permit online.
3. Sign into your isportsman account and click on the ‘Acquire Permits’ tab again. Select Trapping Permit 2018-2019. Follow the prompts to finish free payment.
Please make sure you sign into isportsman online or by phone before going out. Thank you!
Fort Wainwright Tanana Flats and Yukon Training Area; Donnelly East and West, and Gerstle River Training Areas are open to trapping; closed/off-limit areas to trapping can be found under the MAPS tab on this website. TRAPPING MAP STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION
- Do not block trails; they are open to ALL recreational users.
- No trapper may have exclusive rights to any particular area.
- Pull all traps, associated equipment and garbage and remove from the field at the end of the season.
Fort Wainwright Main Post is closed to trapping except below the high water mark between the banks of the Chena River. You must obtain a special trapping permit from ADFG to trap on the lower Chena River. This area is within GMU 20B, Fairbanks Management Area.
- Trap identification restrictions apply (see ADFG Trapping Regulations).
- Spotlighting, use of artificial light, or shooting after dark is prohibited on Fort Wainwright Main Post.