Trapping on USAG Alaska Lands. All State laws apply; seasons and bag limits are the same as the state.
Trapping Liscense Requirements
You are required to have a trapping license if you are 18 years of age or older. See State of Alaska Trapping Regulations for license requirements.
- FWA Trapline Conditions and Agreement
- A Trapper's Code of Ethics
- Alaska Department of Fish & Game (ADFG) Trapping Infromation
How to Register:
*All traplines located on USAG Alaska lands must be registered with the Natural Resource Specialist 907-361-4539
- Register for an account with iSportsman at https://usagak.isportsman.net/ and obtain your Recreation Access permit (RAP)
- Sign into your iSportsman account and click on the ‘Acquire Permits’ tab again. Select Trapping Permit 2018-2019. Follow the prompts to finish free payment.
- Call the Natural Resource Specialist 907-361-4539.
- Do not block trails; they are open to ALL recreational users.
- No trapper may have exclusive rights to any particular area.
- Trap identification restrictions apply (see ADFG Trapping Regulations).
- Fort Wainwright Main Post is closed to trapping except below the high water mark between the banks of the Chena River. You must obtain a special trapping permit from ADFG to trap on the lower Chena River. This area is within GMU 20B, Fairbanks Management Area.
- Spotlighting, use of artificial light, or shooting after dark is prohibited on Fort Wainwright Main Post.
- See ADFG Trapping Regulations.
*Please make sure you sign into iSportsman online or by phone before going out.
Fort Wainwright Tanana Flats and Yukon Training Area; Donnelly East and West, and Gerstle River Training Areas are open to trapping. To view areas available for recreation please go to https://usagak.isportsman.net/recreationalmaps.aspx to view Fort Wainwright Training Area maps.