Remember: Army training takes priority over recreation. Desired trapping areas may become off-limits or closed for training within the trapping season.
All State laws apply when trapping on USAG Alaska managed lands, including season and bag limits.
How to Register:
*All traplines located on USAG Alaska managed lands must be registered with the Natural Resource Specialist
- Register for a Recreation Access permit (RAP) if you do not have one.
- Sign into your iSportsman My Account and click on the ‘Acquire Permits’ tab again. Select Trapping Permit 2021/2022. Follow the prompts and check-out your cart.
- Call the Natural Resource Office: 907-361-9684
Trapping Liscense Requirements
You are required to have a trapping license if you are 18 years of age or older. See State of Alaska Trapping Regulations for license requirements.
- USAG Alaska Trapline Conditions and Agreement
- A Trapper's Code of Ethics
- Alaska Department of Fish & Game (ADFG) Trapping Infromation
- Do not block trails; they are open to ALL recreational users.
- No trapper may have exclusive rights to any particular area.
- Trap identification restrictions apply (see ADFG Trapping Regulations).
- Main Post is closed to trapping except below the high water mark between the banks of the Chena River. You must obtain a special trapping permit from ADFG to trap on the lower Chena River. This area is within GMU 20B, Fairbanks Management Area.
- Remove all traps, associated equipment, and garbage from the field no later than 7 days after the close of season.
- Spotlighting, use of artificial light, or shooting after dark is prohibited on Fort Wainwright Main Post.
- See ADFG Trapping Regulations.
*Please make sure you sign into iSportsman online or by phone before going out.
Technical issues: leave a message at 907-361-9684 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org